Optivite® PMT is the first multivitamin - multimineral supplement formulated for use by women with Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS).* Available to PMS sufferers over the past 30 years, Optivite® underwent several clinical studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals: 3 open trials (1-3) and 2 double blind placebo-controlled studies.*(4,5) A 50% reduction of PMS complaints has been observed in those studies following 1 to 3 months on this supplement.* When 313 PMS sufferers were followed for up to 5 years on this program, an interesting observation was that the number of tablets of Optivite required to maintain the improvement in PMS decreased over time:
- 5.2 + 0.36 tablets between 2 and 6 months
- 4.8 + 0.6 tablets between 7 and 12 months
- 4.3 + 0.48 tablets between 13 and 24 months
- 3.2 + 0.34 tablets over 24 months.*(1)
With over 100,000 women on this program during the first 5 years of availability of Optivite®, not a single documented case of Vitamin A toxicity or peripheral neuropathy due to Vitamin B-6 has been reported.*(1) Optivite® is recommended as part of a total dietary program to obtain best results.*(6,7)
SUGGESTED USE: As a dietary supplement, 2 to 6 tablets daily with meals, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Other ingredients: Stearic acid, carnauba wax, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, silica, magnesium stearate, pharmaceutical glaze, titanium dioxide, and natural flavors.
- Do not use if outer seal is broken.
- If pregnant or lactating, consult physician before use.
- Do not exceed 6 tablets a day.
- If taking any prescription drug, consult physician before use.
- Do not use for pernicious anemia, or if you have hemochromatosis or hemosiderosis.
Accidental over dose of iron-containing products is a leading causes of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately. Store in a cool, dry place.
- Abraham GE, Rumley RE. J Reprod Med. 1987 Jun;32(6):405-22. PMID: 2956416
- Goei GS, Abraham GE. J Reprod Med. 1983 Aug;28(8):527-31. PMID: 6685186
- Fuchs N, Hakim M, Abraham GE. J Appl Nut. 37:1 1985.
- Chakmakjian ZH, Higgins CE, Abraham GE. J Appl Nut. 37:12, 1985.
- London RS, Bradley L, Chiamori NY. J Am Coll Nutr. 1991 Oct;10(5):494-9. PMID: 1955626
- Abraham GE. J Appl Nut. 36:103, 1984.
- Abraham GE. J Reprod Med. 1983 Jul;28(7):446-64. PMID: 6684167
*This statement has not not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.